You baby girl, your mother, sister and all other parts she plays! That’s your best friend! And she’s just been engaged! Obviously, she’s chosen you to be her maid of honor! Well, you have got many responsibilities to make her wedding special. But most of all, you have to make her maid of honor speech memorable. The quest for how to make the best maid of honor speech continues. Hence, we are here with some great Maid of Honor Speech Examples for Best Friend. Also, follow the structure to design one by yourself.
Maid of Honor Speech Examples for Best Friend
Basic structure for a maid of honor speech
Introduce yourself– now, most of them know you, but not all. Always start by introducing yourself. Tell them about you and give them a little insight of your whereabouts. Sure, you are the maid of honor, they want to know about you.
Start with the bride– the main section starts now. Tell them things about the bride. Now these should be some things that sound wonderful and cute about her. Do not spill out anything that will make her or anyone feel awkward.
Tell them the love story– since you are the BFF, you know what the bride thought when she met her soul mate. This is between you both. Its time you let them know too. Include things that are cute and normal. BFFs talk all kind of stuffs with each other. Make sure you don’t tell anything that you are not supposed to tell.
A humor here and there but not forced– your speech should be a heart touching one. You must always get in some humor in it. However, if you purposely try to be humorous for then it will show. Moreover, it becomes awkward for all.
Share some words of advice– being a bestie means you will always have to keep the guy on his toes to keep your bestie happy. Tell him some of her habits that might turn out to be annoying for him if he doesn’t know.
Maid of Honor Speech Examples
- Once in a while, in the middle of an otherwise ordinary life, love bestows on us a fairy-tale, a romance that is true and pure. I have never seen another couple as in love as these two people here who have been married today and I am so honored to know and love them. Congratulations to you both and to the beautiful future that lays ahead of you.
- Love is not always perfect, but when the right people are together, they will always fight to make it work. Nothing in the world can tear them apart. These two people sitting in front of me are the epitome of true love and I am so lucky to have been a part of this special day and bear witness to this proclamation of love. Let us toast to the happy newlyweds.
- When I first met [bride’s name]
- , we were both just young girls. Even then, I knew that she was someone special. She is one of the kindest, most generous people that I know. And now, she is no longer a girl but a woman who has met her equal, another person in this world that is as deserving of her as she is of him. Together, they make a wonderful pair and I know that they will make each other so happy in their new life together.
- As some of you know, I am fiercely protective of [bride’s name.] I would do anything for her and she is one of the most important people in my life. Over the years, we have laughed together, cried together, and had so many amazing memories. I am truly blessed to have someone like her in my life. Since I am so protective of her, you can imagine how skeptical of [groom’s name] I was when he first came into the picture. I wondered what his intentions were. Was he good enough for such a unique and special person? I soon learned that [groom] is just as amazing as [bride.] He worships her and would do anything to see her smile. They complement each other in the most perfect way. They are two twin souls that were destined to find each other. And I could not be happier for the two of them.
- Before I begin my speech, I would just like to say that [bride’s name,] you look absolutely beautiful tonight and [groom,] you don’t look so bad yourself. It has been quite a day. An unforgettable, whirlwind of a day that celebrates the fact that two people fell in love.
Not only do I feel privileged to know these two people, I also feel lucky enough to have witnessed the love they have for each other. Their love for one another has made them even better people than they were before. Together, they are even stronger. Congratulations to Mr. and Mrs. _________!
- Anyone can be passionate, but it takes a real pair of lovers to be silly. When bride and groom are together, they let their guard down. Together, they are two of the goofiest people I know, and I mean that in the best way possible.
- They say that a successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person. Many of us have been lucky to fall in love before. But real love is when you are able to fall in love with that same person over and over again.
- You are able to surprise each other in ways that are always new. And it is not always just good times that make you fall in love. You can fall in love during the hard times as well, when you have to lean on each other and cry on each other’s shoulders.
- With bride and groom, I see this kind of love. For all the time that they have spent getting to know each other, they still continue to fall in love as if they are still in the honeymoon stages. To never get tired of one’s smile, the little gestures of thoughtfulness that they show that they still care, even after all this time. That is real love.
- I know I am not alone when I say that it is a joy to see bride and groom fall in love with each other, day after day. The beauty of such a love is something that words cannot fully describe.
So I end my speech by raising my glass to the bride and groom. Let us continue to witness and celebrate the remarkable love that this remarkable, beautiful couple shares.
- Thank you all for coming here. Some of you have traveled far and wide to be here today. Some of you drove and some of you even flew to all be in the same room today, all so we could celebrate the love of these two people who are beautiful both inside and out.
It is amazing to see all the people who love bride and groom in the same room as they embark on this new adventure together.
- When I first met [bride]
- , I knew that there was something special about her. We were drawn to each other as friends and my life truly would not be the same without her. Over the years, we have shared some really great memories.
But little did I know that something in her life was still missing. I realized that when she met [groom’s name.]
After she met [groom], it was as if something clicked. We didn’t know it just then, but something was planted that would continue to flourish and grow.
Ever since these two met, something has changed. [Bride] is not exactly the same person she was before. She was strong before, but she is even stronger now. And while she was happy then, she is even happier with [groom] by her side.
With [groom], [bride] is the best version of herself. And I think [groom] is much better with [bride] in his life as well. Here’s a toast to the two of you.
- These two newlyweds are a rare find in today’s world. Between the two of them, this couple has beauty, brains, and two hearts of gold. Here’s to the groom who has a bride so fair, and here’s to the bride with a groom who is so rare.
- There can be so much sadness and loss in the world, but we also know that there is good in this world as well. With all of the things that happen that make us feel caught up in a storm, some of us are lucky enough to have something or someone to hold on to.
The best thing to hold onto in life is each other. When you have something to hold on to, then you have hope for the day and for many days to come. When I look at the bride and groom, I know that what they have will stand the test of time. Their love was made to weather the toughest of storms and their trials and tribulations will only further prove their love and devotion to one another. May the love that you have for each other continue to grow each and every year.
- Growing up, [bride] was a little cynical. She did not really believe in true love or fairy-tale endings. I, on the other hand, was the more romantic one. I would tell her, much to her annoyance, that she only felt that way because she had not met the right one yet. And guess what? I was right.
When [bride] met [groom,] it was as if the universe had shifted. All the birds were singing and it was as if the sun had never shined brighter. That is how the world was through [bride’s] eyes when she finally fell in love with [groom.] As a romantic person, I have been lucky enough to watch this love story unfold.
Now we are all seated here, celebrating the union of two people who are very special to us. Let us toast to their health and the many happy years that they will share together.
As many of us know, marriage is not happy all the time. There will be disagreements and sometimes there will even be arguments. Whether To keep your marriage brimming with love in the loving cup, whenever you are wrong, admit it, and whenever you are right, shut up.
- Whether you are a firm believer of destiny or think that happy things can just happen by accident and mere chance, there is no denying that these two amazing people are perfect for each other. Either way, these two have happened each other. It is a once in a lifetime love, and we are all so lucky to be able to be along for the ride.
- Hello, everyone. Thank you all for coming together to celebrate the love that [bride and groom] share. Many of you know that I am [bride’s] older sister. As most older sisters are, I have always been overprotective of her, even before she was born. When she was born, she was my baby sister.
I was determined to look after her, take care of her, and protect her, though I did push her around a little bit. But if someone else messed with her, then they had to answer to me.
As we grew older, the need to protect her didn’t go away. I wanted to always have her back at school and throughout her relationships and friendships with people. I always wanted her to know that I’d be there for her, especially when things got tough.
And then one day, [bride] met [groom.] I came to realize that this person really, truly cared her. Not only did her care about her, he loved her. From the way he looks at her to the way he always tries to make sure that she is okay, there is no mistaking his love.
And I will admit, it was hard to let go of my sister a little. We have always been inseparable. But I am so happy that she found someone who cares about her so much. I know that [groom] will keep her happy. And she will keep him happy as well.
Helping to plan the wedding has been an absolute whirlwind full of emotions both good and stressful. Planning a wedding takes lots of work and lots of people made this beautiful day happen. [Bride] and [groom,] thank you for taking me on this journey with you. It has been a beautiful day and we all still have plenty of dancing and celebrating to do.
Maid Of Honor Speech For Best Friend
Hello, everyone. For those who do not know me, I am a good friend of [bride.] We have known each other for [number of years] years. After all this time, I feel like I know [bride] inside and out. And after knowing [groom] for [number of years] years, I am proud to say that I can call him a good friend as well.
To be a part of this close circle of friends that has gotten to know bride and groom individually, is a blessing. But to be a part of the group that has gotten to watch them grow as a couple and become man and wife is a truly wonderful experience that has given me hope and brought tears to my eyes.
I cannot think of another couple that is more perfectly matched in their own unique way and like the rest of the people in this room, I look forward to the next chapter in their lives.
Chic movie quotes for your maid of honor speech
- “The one person you can count on for a lifetime, the one person who knows you sometimes better than you know yourself is the same person who’s been standing beside you all along.” –Bride Wars
- I cannot tell you how thankful I am for our little infinity. –The Fault in Our Stars
- “They say nothing lasts forever; dreams change, trends come and go, but friendships never go out of style.” –Sex and the City
- “She’s my friend because we both know what it’s like to have people be jealous of us.” –Clueless
- But we knew no matter how far we traveled on our own separate paths, somehow we would always find our way back to each other
- “Affection is when you see someone’s strengths; love is when you accept someone’s flaws.”
- I say we make a pact…Whenever we need a friend, we’re here for each other. We can count on it, always, no matter what. –Now and Then
- “A true soul mate is a mirror, the person who shows you everything that is holding you back, the person who brings you to your own attention so you can change your life. A true soul mate is probably the most important person you’ll ever meet. –Eat, Pray, Love
- Love can’t always be perfect. Sometimes, love is just love. –Wedding Planner
- “There is no remedy for love but to love more.” — Henry David Thoreau
- “A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.” — Mignon McLaughlin
- “One of the best things about love is just recognizing a man’s steps when he climbs the stairs.”
- “Where there is great love, there are always miracles.”
- True love does not come by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly
We hope you got some ideas from these Maid of Honor Speech Examples for Best Friend. Put in your ideas into the structure. After all, these ideas will only work if you have some personal touch to it. go with the natural flow of your personality. If you are a cheerful person trying to be all strict, the touch of “YOU” will be lost from it.