Although it is a contemporary fashion, the brick walls have made their boom again. In addition, even if the combination of modern houses and brick walls sounds off, these walls are the “hot topic”! The exposed brick wall in the living room is seen as an impression of a classy interior. Moreover, these walls have taken over the bedroom and the kitchen décor as well. The trend of having brick walls for the fence and outdoor walls continues. So here are Modern Brick Wall Designs and Ideas that go effortlessly with them. However, if you are planning to have one done on your own, you might have some questions. Don’t worry we have you covered with them. And here are some Classy Dining Room Wall Designs and Ideas that you might like to try.
Modern Brick Wall Designs and Ideas
INTERIOR BRICK WALL DESIGNS
How do you decorate an exposed brick wall?
If you want your exposed brick walls to look ravishing, you can use these simple yet elegant ideas.
- Use the shelves or wall studded décor that has an open back. This will make the wall more visible and add panache. You can use this idea for your bedroom walls. Moreover, here are Creative Ways to Paint your Bedroom/Living Room Walls.
- Make your dressing table on this wall. A huge mirror will make the wall look awesome.
- Use popping colors to make your wall stand out. Now you must be thinking about how you are going to paint the walls. Well, we have that covered later in the article.
- Use some indoor gardens to make the walls look beautiful. A blend of the natural wall with the greenery will look awesome. You can use these Wall Hanging Planter Ideas to Spruce Up your Interiors.
- Use your craftworks to make it look beautiful. This can be anything that you must have created. Just hang it up and show it off. And here are Cost-Effective DIY Home Decoration Ideas Without Spending a Penny
How to Paint a Brick House/walls?
Now how do you paint a brick wall is a big or maybe a larger than life question. Because the wall is so porous, it will end up sucking the paint. No matter how many times you coat it, it will suck the paint. Therefore, here is what you must do.
- Wash the wall thoroughly. Let it suck water.
- Then cover all the doors and windows if you have any on this wall.
- Do not forget to fill in the cracks that happened to pass in the walls.
- Next, apply a latex primer to the surface of the wall. You must wait until it dries.
- The pain that is used to color the wall bricks is called elastodynamic paint. Purchase one of high quality. Acrylic latex paint is a cheaper alternative for this paint.
- Use rollers to cover small areas. However, if you are covering the complete wall then go for spray painting.
EXTERIOR BRICK WALL DESIGNS
To decorate your exterior brick walls, you can use different ways. You can use the play of colors. It is not necessary that the wall should be of the same red monotonous color. You can use your plants to veil on it. Different dedicated lighting can also make the fencing wall look awesome. These Trending Porch Wall Designs and Ideas will make your outdoor walls look awesome. Apart from that, you can use some Christmas décor that can hang there and look beautiful.
We hope you liked these Modern Brick Wall Designs and Ideas. It is really easy to get these. If you want to actually have an original wall, just dig your wall until you reach the bricks. However, getting on a faux one will always have you in advantage. Because then you will be able to change it as and when you like. Add some other items like old photo frame artworks to these walls to make it more attractive.