We know that women’s day is celebrated on the 8th of March, but did you know that there is a special day for the girl child as well? If you didn’t know, the 11th of October is observed as the international day of the girl child. Even in a country like the USA, women until date are not given enough rights and liberty to be looked at as equals. In the men’s world out there, there are women who suffer due to some or the other reasons. But it’s not just women, the exploitation starts at a very young age. Perhaps we can say in the womb itself! The mere right of life is withdrawn from the poor babies! So here, we are Celebrating International Day of The Girl Child – Towards Women Empowerment to encourage little girls to become brave women!
Celebrating International Day of The Girl Child – Towards Women Empowerment
What is the significance of the International Day of The Girl Child?
The celebration of the international day of the girl child started with a campaign called “Because I am a girl”. This campaign had the motive of raising awareness about nurturing girls globally and in developing countries. This campaign was done by the plan international who later on urged the UN to be a part of it.
Each year the international day of the girl child has a theme-
- The first was “ending child marriage”
- The second, in 2013, was “innovating for girls’ education”,
- The third, in 2014, was “empowering adolescent girls: ending the cycle of violence,”
- The fourth, in 2015, was “the power of adolescent girl: vision for 2030.”
- The 2016 theme was “girls’ progress = goals’ progress: what counts for girls,”
- The 2017 theme was “empower girls: before, during and after crises,”
- And the most recent theme, that is for 2018 was “with her: a skilled girl force.”
SAVE THE GIRL CHILD QUOTES
- “Boisterous as wind, playful as balloon , please don’t kill the little butterfly in her cocoon.”
- “Every man needs a mother, wife, sister then why not a daughter?”
- “Girls are gold not to be sold”
- “Girls are great, don’t destroy their fate”
- “Man thinks he is a “hero” but if he kills “her” he’ll just remain a “0”.”
- “No girl – so, no mother – ultimately no life”
- “Sugar and spice and everything nice, erase girls from the future and we’ll all pay the price”
- “When you kill a girl you kill many others.”
- “Don’t kill girl in womb when she might bring country to gloom”
As the stats state, 62 million girls around the globe had no access to the basic right of education back in the year 2014. This is a huge number that can make the coming generations go down the growth line. Why? Because these girls will grow up and be mothers. Without basic education, the line of girl child exploitation will never end.
ESSENCE OF THE GIRL CHILD QUOTES
- “Daughters are angles sent from above to fill our heart with unending love”
- “A girl is whole by all means… Not a toy by any means…underneath her hair and make-up there is sign that says: handle with care”
- “Daughters are flowers that are forever in bloom.”
- “Don’t be cold, girls are worth more than gold”
- “Every guy needs a girl and a mother! If you kill all the girls, will you marry your brother?!”
- “Let your daughter grow, be her friend not her foe.”
- “Our daughter is the knot that ties the family together”.
- “Pretty dresses little curls, oh thank heaven for little girls!”
WOMEN EMPOWERMENT QUOTES
- “I’m tough, I’m ambitious, and I know exactly what I want. If that makes me a bitch, okay.”
- “If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman.”
- “Feminism isn’t about making women strong. Women are already strong. It’s about changing the way the world perceives that strength.”
- “I love to see a young girl go out and grab the world by the lapels. Life’s a bitch. You’ve got to go out and kick ass.”
- “There’s something so special about a woman who dominates in a man’s world. It takes a certain grace, strength, intelligence, fearlessness, and the nerve to never take no for an answer.”
- “There is no limit to what we, as women, can accomplish.”
- “I am not free while any woman is unfree, even when her shackles are very different from my own.”
- “A woman is like a tea bag—you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.”
Often people confuse the notion of equal rights. They look at equality from the perspective of just the human body. However, here we talk about cerebral opportunity and equality. The child may be a girl or a boy, they should not be discriminated against on the ability of their skill. It is in the hands of the strong women out there to pick up and raise the needy ones. Let’s be strong women who help each other to cross the skies.