It had been a while now since you were planning to have a baby! You indulged in a lot of preconception sex and finally, your hard work has paid off! You had a pregnancy test and the test showed positive! There is no greater joy than experiencing this! You want your baby to be healthy and happy and for that, you can go to any extent.
Whether this is your first baby or fifth, the excitement is always the same. However, if you are a new mom then you might not know the “dos” and the “don’ts” of getting pregnant and having a baby! However, don’t you worry girl, we have your back. It’s just the beginning of your new life and a new life inside you! Therefore, here is All About First Trimester of Pregnancy – Week 1 to Week 12! This will be your guide to the first stage of your pregnancy!
All About First Trimester of Pregnancy – Week 1 to Week 12
First trimester: key stages
- Week 1 & 2- the sperm meets the egg and fertilization occurs. Here on there is a small cell which will rapidly multiply to become a body in the next stages
- Week 3- the egg moves through the fallopian tube and reaches the womb. Your body starts producing human chorionic gonadotropin to intervene with your periods.
- Week 4& 5- the implantation of the zygote takes place and the cell now starts diving rapidly to form a body.
- Week 6, 7 & 8- your baby starts developing in these weeks. It develops heart bones lungs and other organs along with the head and limbs. In the ultrasound, it looks like a c shaped figure.
- Week 9- the little fetus comes into motion in this week, however, you cannot feel it now. Your sensation will begin from 2nd trimester
- Week 10- here your baby starts developing fingers and nails and it now even has the brain developed.
- Week 11- by this time, you can hear the heartbeats of your baby by a Doppler ultrasound. In addition, the facial features of the baby start developing and can in some cases the baby was found to be smiling as well.
- Week 12- by now, your baby will develop almost all the features of a human and further go on to develop muscles and vocal cords. It also develops touch receptors and the genitals begin to form.
How long is the first trimester?
The first trimester begins from the first day of your last menstrual cycle, which is way before you realize that you are pregnant. It lasts for about 12 to 13 weeks. If you have been having sex to conceive, keep a track of the dates. However, there are more symptoms that you can observe to check whether you are pregnant. Once you miss your period, have a checkup with your doctor. With this, here is an Infant Baby Feeding Chart Schedule and Guide to help you when your baby is born.
Baby’s growth during the first trimester
The first trimester is a crucial phase for the baby and mother altogether. Here, the baby grows rapidly and by the end of this phase, the baby already has a heartbeat! The new life flourishes inside you and hence you have to take utmost care of it. The mother is cautioned at this stage as a rapid movement by her could cause harm to the fetus. However, if you take rest and do not pick up heavy things at this point, you and your baby will be healthy. In addition, here are Baby Sleeping Methods for Your Little One!
Changes in your body
The first trimester is a crucial stage and there is a lot happening inside you. Therefore, it is obvious it will reflect on your body as well. However, changes in the body of a mother carry from person to person. For example, if you feel morning sickness, it is not necessary that your friend who is going through the same will face the same.
Here are some changes that are common during this phase
- Morning sickness
- Breast tenderness
- Mood swings
- Mild bleeding
- Frequent urination
- Food cravings.
Your physical and mental health in pregnancy
Now, having a life growing inside you is not a minor thing! Of course, it is one of the most difficult tasks in the world. You will go through phases of mood swings that are much higher than those while you are PMSing. Your body will feel exhausted most of the time and mentally too you will feel drained due to the hormonal changes. However, if you that things in a sporting way and accept whatever is happening with you, you will actually enjoy this phase. Always remember to look at the bright side of the picture. There will be times in the complete course of pregnancy when you will not be able to sleep well. There will be body aches that will drive you crazy. However, it is all a part of the process that will make you become a proud mother! With this, here is How to be a Perfect Mommy and Lady Boss Simultaneously!
Symptoms to have checked out
Then changes that your body goes through are some symptoms that are okay and they show that you are pregnant. However, if you have them in excessive amount then have it checked from the doctor. Below are the red flag symptoms that may be checked out immediately with your doctor.
- Severe pain in the abdomen
- Heavy bleeding
- Severe dizziness
- Severe morning sickness
First trimester to-dos
Here are a few things that you must incorporate in your daily life now to have a happy baby
- Regular mild exercise
- Take essential vitamins
- Have a healthy and balanced diet that includes fresh food
- Increase the water intake
- Eat at least 300 calories more than regular.
- Indulge in meditation and other calming activities
The first trimester don’ts
Do you have bad habits? It is time to quit them now! Here is a list of things that you should avoid completely during your pregnancy.
- Do not drink alcohol
- Do not smoke at all
- Avoid doing strength training that will bring pressure to your abdomen
- Avoid illegal drugs at all costs
- Raw eggs or meat
- Raw fish or sushi
- Raw milk or dairy products
- Avoid junk food at all costs
Test to be done during the first trimester
There are a hell lot of tests that you will be undergoing in these 9 months. Therefore, be prepared for that! These are the essential tests that you need to be done without fail apart form a full physical and pelvic exam.
- Pap test
- Blood sugar
- STD, HIV, hepatitis
- Thyroid levels
- Chorionic Villus Sampling (CVS)
- Due date
If you have a medical history of any disease then don’t hide it from your doctor. If you are a diabetic or have thyroid, then there will be a significant range for you that is different from the normal range for other women. There is nothing to worry about that, as your doctor will make sure that you have proper medication required for a healthy fetus to develop. With this, here are Congratulations Wishes for New Born Baby | New Born Baby Messages!
That’s All About First Trimester of Pregnancy – Week 1 to Week 12! We hope we could provide you the apt information about everything. Remember, having a calm mind is the source of happiness and health so stay away from things that exaggerate your anxiety. If you have issues related to blood pressure, take precautions as it harms the fetus largely. As of the ranges given above, it may vary a little so if you are near the range of the test, don’t get worried, trust your doctor and everything will be all right.