It is that time of the year that we celebrate our freedom, our liberty, and our prosperity! America, the greatest nation in the world celebrates its 243 independence day this year and we cannot chill about it. Our patriotic fire blazing out will add sparks to the 4th of July celebrations as we decorate our house and office with craft and décor items. Moreover, we eagerly waited for this day to join our friends and family and spend a day in devoting it to praise our nation’s greatness with patriotic songs and quotes! As we celebrate this 243rd Independence Day mark, it is time to reflect upon some of the quotes that our great leaders ever said. These Patriotic 4th of July Quotes for Real Inspiration will add new flavors to your Independence Day celebrations! Moreover, if you have someone who has just had a baby, here are some congratulations quotes for them!
Patriotic 4th of July Quotes for Real Inspiration
On this day, as we celebrate our independence, let us enlighten ourselves about some history and general knowledge about the enormity of our nation. Did you know these little yet crucial things about America? With
Who first settled in America?
Dating back to almost 17000 years ago, America was the native place of various tribes! Although many types of research are still going on as to how did they live here, who actually were they and where did they come from. One of the most famous tribes that the world believes that stayed in America before the colonists form European countries arrived were what they called “Red Indians”! There is a back story to why they were called red Indians
Independence Day Quotations
- “Liberty is the breath of life to nations.” – George Bernard Shaw
- “I believe in America because we have great dreams, and because we have the opportunity to make those dreams come true.” – Wendell Willkie
- “Freedom is never granted. It is earned by each generation.”- Hillary Clinton
- “Government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.”- Abraham Lincoln
- “This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave.”- Elmer Davis
- “America was not built on fear. America was built on courage, on imagination, and an unbeatable determination to do the job at hand.”- Harry S. Truman
- “I love my freedom. I love my America.”- Jessi Lane Adams
- “Independence now and forever!”- Daniel Webster
- “From every mountainside, let freedom ring.”- Martin Luther King Jr.
What was the name of America before it was called America?
The naming of America has a great backstory behind it. It was actually thought of as “India” because the Columbus had actually set voyage to discover India. He thought that the world is round and if there is no land to the west of European countries, if he sets a voyage and completes the route he would eventually land up in the Asia subcontinent- India! However, his calculations misfired and the discovery of America happen. Well, one of the loved festivals of America is the easter for our Lord was resurrected, so if you want to have some Easter decor ideas, have it from here.
4th Of July Quotes That Honor Freedom And Independence
“America means opportunity, freedom, power.”- Ralph Waldo Emerson
“Those who won our independence believed liberty to be the secret of happiness.”- Louis D. Brandeis
“With freedom comes responsibility.”- Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Where liberty dwells, there is my country.”- Benjamin Franklin
- “We must be free not because we claim freedom, but because we practice it.”- William Faulkner
- “The flag is the embodiment, not of sentiment, but of history.”- Woodrow Wilson
- “Freedom is one of the deepest and noblest aspirations of the human spirit”.- Ronald Reagan
- “This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave.” – Elmer Davis
- “One flag, one land, one heart, one hand, One Nation evermore!”- Oliver Wendell Holmes
Did you know that America is named after Amerigo Vespucci? If you did, do you know why?
Well, this is because as we said Christopher Columbus was on a voyage to discover India so when he landed on the American land, he thought that it was an Asian land. However, it was Amerigo, who realized that it is a new land and provided evidence of it. It was then called “new world” after which America got its name after Amerigo! Now that you know this, if you want some help form us in decorating you house without spending a penny, we have these awesome ideas for you!
Inspirational 4th Of July Quotes
- “The American flag is the symbol of our freedom, national pride, and history.”- Mike Fitzpatrick
- “Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.”.” – John F. Kennedy
- “Where liberty dwells, there is my country.”- Benjamin Franklin
- “Freedom lies in being bold.”- Robert Frost
- “May we think of freedom not as the right to do as we please, but as the opportunity to do what is right.”- Peter Marshall
- “America is hope. It is compassion. It is excellence. It is valor.”- Paul Tsongas
- “Give me liberty or give me death!” – Patrick Henry
- “Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves.” — Abraham Lincoln
- “Then join hand in hand, brave Americans all! By uniting we stand, by dividing we fall.” — John Dickinson
Also Read:How to Live a Simple and Happy Life
Who really discovered America?
Well, as we were taught at school that Christopher Columbus was the one to discover it. However, history has it otherwise! Prompt resources have now put forth that that almost half a millennium before Christopher Columbus was born, the Viking had set ashore in hunt of a “new world”. It was then that they landed on the Canadian side and were the first to have stepped on American land from the European side. Now if you are interested in rock painting, you can learn it from here!
Famous 4th Of July Quotes
- “If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” — George Orwell
- “The advancement and diffusion of knowledge is the only guardian of true liberty.” — James Madison
- “It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.” — George S. Patton
- “The winds that blow through the wide sky in these mounts, the winds that sweep from Canada to Mexico, from the Pacific to the Atlantic – have always blown on free men.” — Franklin D. Roosevelt
- “I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives. I like to see a man live so that his place will be proud of him.” — Abraham Lincoln
- “May the sun in his course visit no land more free, more happy, more lovely, than this our own country!” — Daniel Webster
- “In the truest sense, freedom cannot be bestowed; it must be achieved.” — Franklin D. Roosevelt
- “All we have of freedom, all we use or know -This our fathers bought for us long and long ago.” — Rudyard Kipling
- “Liberty has never come from the government. Liberty has always come from the subjects of it. The history of liberty is a history of resistance.” — Woodrow Wilson
Also Read: Infant Baby Feeding Chart Schedule and Guide
What happened as a result of the Declaration of Independence?
After the declaration of independence, America became a free nation! It had set an example before the other nations by imbibing in its declarations various rights to its citizens. These were the ones that made America a strong and powerful nation that it is today. People were given the right to live life with liberty, independence, and prosperity. People were given equality regardless of their creed, deed, race, and gender. America gave the opportunity to many people to grow and help others grow and it had started valuing the life of one and all alike. Do you want to have some Plaster of Paris craft ideas? well, then hit here to have some ideas about it!
Best 4th Of July Quotes
- “A man’s country is not a certain area of land, of mountains, rivers, and woods, but it is a principle; and patriotism is loyalty to that principle.” — George William Curtis
- “May we think of freedom not as the right to do as we please, but as the opportunity to do what is right.” — Peter Marshall
- “America. It is the only place where miracles not only
happen,but where they happen all the time.” — Thomas Wolfe
- “The American Revolution was a beginning, not a consummation.” — Woodrow Wilson
- “It is the love of country that has lighted and that keeps glowing the holy fire of patriotism.” — J. Horace McFarland
- “The American, by nature, is optimistic. He is experimental, an inventor, and a builder who builds best when called upon to build greatly.” — John F. Kennedy
- “Freedom is nothing but a chance to be better.” — Albert Camus
- “Idleness and pride tax with a heavier hand than kings and parliaments. If we can get rid of the former, we may easily bear the latter.” — Benjamin Franklin
- “America is a tune. It must be sung together.” — Gerald Stanley Lee
Enjoy Independence Day with a nice barbecue in your backyard! Sing the glories of America by posting Patriotic 4th of July Quotes for Real Inspiration! Educate your children about the history and importance of this day and have some amazing 4th of July décor. Go meet your friends and family and celebrate the day with a great firework show! Wait,